Saturday, August 6, 2011

Carlie Morris - feature artist



Carlie Morris is like a bower bird collecting bits and pieces to incorporate into her jewellery designs. Combining found tit-bits, silver and a good dose of flair she creates gorgeous wearables. Carlie studied at Enmore Design Centre and continues to juggle her jewellery practice and two young children.

Carlie has created a collection of wooden brooches which will be exhibited at Cudgegong Gallery, I look forward to presenting her new work in Places & Spaces.



Carlie Morris
Born: Sydney
Live: Sydney
A favourite place: my favourite place is in the water, preferably a natural source, and even more preferably with my two boys climbing over me and my dog nearby chasing the splashes.

A place you would like to spend more time: see above, a close second would be New York City.

A place in the world you would like to visit: Oh the world is such a big place! I think Denmark might please all at the moment, all that marimekko and lego.

No comments:

Post a Comment